Qualifications of Sherry Collier, MFT
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist #MFC 42187
- Bachelors of Arts Degree in Applied Communications – Point Loma Nazarene University
- Master of Arts Degree in Counseling Psychology – National University
- 100 Hour Certification in Expressive Arts Therapy – Sky Mountain Institute
- Lifespan Integration Beginning, Advanced and Depression Protocol (30 hours)
- Professional Member of CAMFT (California Assoc. of Marriage and Family Therapists)
- Trainee Experience – Casa Pacifica – a residential facility for dual diagnosis patients in Oceanside, California. Group therapy, individual therapy, milieu therapy provided for residents.
- Intern Experience – Community Resource Center, Encinitas, California – provided individual, couples, family and child therapy.
- Private Practice Experience – Interned for Dr. Marjorie Krausz, Carlsbad, California – provided individual, couples, family and child therapy. Lead workshops and groups.
- North Coast Church Counseling Center, Vista, California – provided individual, couples, family and child therapy, led group therapy and held Love and Respect Seminar, led workshops for Expressive Arts Therapy and led groups on healing from sexual abuse.
- Private Practice, San Marcos, California – currently provide individual, couples, family and child therapy, lead workshops, teach classes and lead group therapy.
About Sherry Collier
I am a mother, wife, and a therapist who enjoys hiking, swimming, painting, crafting and having conversations with many people about many topics. My relationship with God is the top priority in my life. I find that when I am focused upon my relationship with God, all my other relationships flow more smoothly. It is my privilege to work with individuals, couples, children and families to bring effective solutions for improving relationships. I view relationships as avenues for growth and healing. When we experience difficulties with relationships, it can both cause, and be a symptom of mental/emotional distress. I will work with you to identify and treat some of these causes and symptoms so you can begin to experience a more meaningful and effective life in relationship with God, others and yourself.